Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shoo Fly

On these warm Spring days, it's challenging to be outside thanks to the pesty Black Fly.  It apparently doesn't have any sense of direction because it flies right into my face, even my eyes!  On these occasions, I look forward to the life cycle moving along quickly, at least for this fly.  Since they pupate in running water, I suspect that I have a huge nursery of them in the pond overflow which meanders off into the ravine where they must have been given their first flight lesson to head straight towards me.  I cannot shoo them away... they just don't care.

There's a pie named "Shoo Fly", too.  It's the only pie I can think of that doesn't sound appealing, and believe me, I love to make pies.  So, I guess I'll just have to keep in mind that this fly is perhaps food for the birds.  Definitely.  For the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment